sábado, 17 de enero de 2009

Interview with Tatianna Faulkes from fab.pony

fab.pony_logo_jpeg As part of our efforts to make you know better and closest your SL Designers, we continue interviewing them. Due to the upcoming Fashion Show, my hands have been really full but I always take a time to manage all pending things.

This time with all of you the Designer behind fab.pony. Enjoy!

________

Q. WHAT IS YOUR SL NAME?

A. Tatianna Faulkes

Q.  WHEN YOU STARTED PLAYING SL?

A. February 2008

Q.  WHAT BROUGHT YOU TO COME TO SL?

A. Designing and branding

Q. NOW THAT YOU ARE A BUSINESS PERSON IN THIS WORLD WHAT IS THE NAME OF YOUR BUSINESS AND HOW YOU DECIDE THAT NAME FOR IT?

A. Fab.Pony, short for Fabulous Pony... I wanted to dress a girl that is somewhat of a show-off and always impeccably styled, always ready for action.

Q. DID YOU CAME HERE THINKING OF BECOMING A DESIGNER SINCE THE BEGINNING OR IT HAPPENED LATER DURING YOUR WEEKS AT THE GAME? TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT THAT.

A. I definitely started designing immediately since I'm a RL fashion designer and was excited to express my fashion views and trends in SL.

Q. WHAT EXACTLY YOU DO AS DESIGNER i MEAN WHAT YOU CREATE?

A. I create everything a woman would need from daytime casual clothing to clubwear, footwear, skins and eyes. The only thing I'm not designing is hair.. for now.

Q. DO YOU THINK HAS BEEN HARD TO BE RECOGNIZED AS DESIGNER AND HAVING AN INCREASE IN YOUR SALES?

A. For sure at the beginning your sales won't be phenomenal, because you need time for word of mouth about your brand to spread.  After while, the sales skyrocketed and has been stable for quite some time now, especially when I have new releases.

9. FROM WHERE YOU GET YOUR INSPIRATION TO CREATE, TO DESIGN; THE MUSA?

A. Fabulous and trendy girls in SL are my muse -- the 'it' girl in SL is a very strong and independent woman, who knows what she wants so I design according to what she would like to wear on a night out, a date, or just hanging out with friends.

I'm also heavily inspired by RL fashion trends that are constantly changing. I keep my eyes open always to what's the next hot trend by reading fashion magazines, blogs, and clothing stores.

Q. DO YOU THINK IS HARD THE COMPETITON HERE AS DESIGNER? WHY?

A. Competition is something you can be absorbed with or just accept as a tool to improve your product - I choose the 2nd perspective, because otherwise I wouldn't be as focused on my own merchandise.. but for sure there are tons of exceptional talent in SL and I love to see this level of creativity, it's inspiring.

Q. DO YOU THINK YOUR DESIGNS ARE DIFFERENT AND UNIQUE? WHY? EXPLAIN A LITTLE.

A. I try my best to keep things different and unique and will abstain from looking at others designs when I'm in my creative period, for fear of being influenced in some way.  Often I receive comments from customers about how they love the bright colors, fun patterns and realistic design and texture in my products.

Q. DO YOU HAVE TIME TO HAVE FUN? HOW DO YOU BALANCE YOUR SL AS DESIGNER WITH YOUR SL AS A NORMAL RESIDENT?

A. I go through periods where I am working very hard, then times when I just like to go out to clubs, dance and meet people. Sometimes work and pleasure intermix, where I meet customers or people I work with and end up being friends with them, that's always fun.

Q. IT IS POSSIBLE TO HAVE A ROMANCE AND BEING A DESIGNER AT THE SAME TIME? WHY ? HOW YOU HANDLE OR WOULD HANDLE THAT SITUATION?

A. It would be ideal to meet a guy that is as passionate about a creative SL business as I am, but enjoys partying as wel.. although I try to stick to my long-ago decision since starting SL that my main focus here is Fab.Pony...I get in less trouble this way :P

Q. ANY ADVICE OR RECOMMENDATION YOU WANT TO GIVE TO OTHER DESIGNERS, BUYERS OR RESIDENTS?

A. Customer service is key when starting any business in either worlds.  Clients will appreciate you taking the time to just say hello, or fit a prim for a particular size. At the same time you'll gain valuable information on their opinion on your brand, which is important.  Other than that, I love my shoppers - they're brand-loyal and generous with compliments, I owe my success to them and enjoy designing because of this positive relationship.

Thanks Tatianna for taking time and share with us your story.

Here are some pictures of fab.pony Designs. 

fab.pony 1 fab.pony Fur Collar

fab.pony 2 fab.pony Stripey Tank.

No hay comentarios.: