It has been quite a time since we posted the last interview with one of our designers. This time we are re-taking that effort and presents to you an interview we did to Marysha Siamendes from SiamInk Designs. With these interviews our goals is to give you the opportunity to known better our designers; know about their stories and how the became what they are now in SL and maybe some of you can find here an inspiration to start a career as designer. I hope you like it.
1.WHAT IS YOUR SL NAME?
2. WHEN YOU STARTED PLAYING SL?
About 3 years ago, I’ve started with Marysha Siamendes on 8/17/2008 and since that I have my own brand.
3. WHERE DO YOU HEAR ABOUT SL FOR FIRST TIME?
On the television, there was a woman wich was earning a lot of money with SL. So I thaught, I want that too.
4. WHAT BROUGHT YOU TO COME TO SL?
I wanted to earn money with a “game” wich I liked.
5. NOW THAT YOU ARE A BUSINESS PERSON IN THIS WORLD WHAT IS THE NAME OF YOUR BUSINESS AND HOW YOU DECIDE THAT NAME FOR IT?
My Business is called SiamInk Designs. Siamink I have choose because Siam is a part of my last name and Ink because the main products are tattoos. And Designs I have choose because I also want to design other things as well.
6. DID YOU CAME HERE THINKING OF BECOMING A DESIGNER SINCE THE BEGINNING OR IT HAPPENED LATER DURING YOUR WEEKS AT THE GAME? TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT THAT.
When I was first in the game I saw a lot of casino’s , and I saw that people make great money with that. So I wanted a casino also. But later there where no casinos anymore so I was thinking what can I do. I first started to resell stuff.. Then a friend told me that I must do something with my photoshop experience to make more money in sl. So there I was behind my PC thinking what can I make…. And then my first tattoo was born.
7. WHAT EXACTLY YOU DO AS DESIGNER I MEAN WHAT YOU CREATE?
I create Tattoos and I have also a couple of jeans and shorts now. But There will be more in the future. And I also do custom designs, so when people want to have a custom design tattoo they just can IM me.
8. DO YOU THINK HAS BEEN HARD TO BE RECOGNIZED AS DESIGNER AND HAVING AN INCREASE IN YOUR SALES?
Yes I think it is hard… But when you spend time in it you will be recognized and you must be patient. You must look wich way you can do it the best…
9. FROM WHERE YOU GET YOUR INSPIRATION TO CREATE, TO DESIGN; THE MUSA?
Just what I have in my head, and what I think what is nice.
10. DO YOU HOLD ANY OFFICIAL TITLE THAT SHOW YOU AS A MASTER IN WHAT YOU DESIGN? I MEAN A TITLE GIVEN TO YOU BY ANY SL ORGANIZATION OR SCHOOL.
No I don’t have that
11. DO YOU THINK IS HARD THE COMPETITON HERE AS DESIGNER? WHY?
Yes, there are so many good designers, but like I told already when you spend time in it you will be recognized and you must be patient. You must look wich way you can do it the best…
12. FOR HOW LONG HAS YOU BEEN DESIGNING HERE PROFESSIONALY? TELL US A LITTLE HOW YOU HAVE EVOLVED.
I first started to let my friends see my first tattoo I had made. And they where telling me that I must make more to open a shop. So I made an Alt ( Marysha Siamendes ) to start the business with… sincs that day I have created more designs, and a lot of custom design work. The first months where hard …. No I have more time and energy to do more advertisements etc etc. Now Marysha Siamendes is not an ALT anymore , she is me…. I can tell you now that all the work and energy was good to do… I make money and 2 weeks ago I have open a very nice mainstore. A big shop, wich is custom build for me. And the money I have spent now and will spend , it is all from my business.
13. DO YOU THINK YOUR DESIGNS ARE DIFFERENT AND UNIQUE? WHY? EXPLAIN A LITTLE.
Yes, I think my designs are original. I see a lot of tattoo shops with fake tattoos. I mean they look like a sticker. Yes there are also very good other tattoo designers. My designs are faded, so then it will look more real. I also do all the layers , so not only a undershirt. And I also hear from people that they are very original.
14. DO YOU HAVE TIME TO HAVE FUN? HOW DO YOU BALANCE YOUR SL AS DESIGNER WITH YOUR SL AS A NORMAL RESIDENT?
Yes I have fun, I have also fun when I create tattoos. Because my sl boyfriend is also my boyfriend in real live, so I dint have to cuddle in sl the whole time hahaha. So can save time ;-) I love also to party and that’s why I am also a DJ once in a week.
15. IT IS POSSIBLE TO HAVE A ROMANCE AND BEING A DESIGNER AT THE SAME TIME? WHY ? HOW YOU HANDLE OR WOULD HANDLE THAT SITUATION?
Yes it is possible. I know my real life boyfriend because of sl. When I first saw him, he wanted to order a custom tattoo. And when it was getting serious with us in sl , he was always telling me, that when I must business I must do that and not letting my business fade away. I think when you have a romance in sl the other person must let you do also your business.
16. ANY ADVICE OR RECOMMENDATION YOU WANT TO GIVE TO OTHER DESIGNERS, BUYERS OR RESIDENTS?
To Other designers I want to say : Just keep up the good work, be patient and don’t let other people tell you what to do !. To buyers I want to say , come and take a look in my mainstore and look at my designs and maybe buy something hahaha. And to all residents : Have fun in SL and respect all people.
Thanks you Marysha for sharing with us your story. I wish you the best and hope that our group can help a little in the growing of your business.
Now everybody knows that is really true that in SL a lot of people is making real money. It is possible; you just need to focus, commit and start working. I know this too cus i heard a story of a lady that is making more money in SL that what she did in her real life job. So explore your talents and try to see what you can do best and start working on it. It is not easy but is not impossible neither.
Dont forget that Marysha do custom work so if you have a tatoo in RL and want it in SL maybe Marysha can make it for you. :)